What is a Google My Business Listing?
Google My Business is a free service from Google and easy to set up for businesses and organisations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. If you verify and edit your business information, you can both help customers find your business and tell them your story. Setting up Google My Business is a first and important step in good Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Manage your information
Manage the information that Google users find when they search for your business, or the products and services that you offer. Businesses that verify their information with Google My Business are twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers. When people find your business on Google Maps and Search, make sure they have access to information like your hours, website, and street address.
Interact with customers
Read and respond to reviews from your customers, and post photos that show off what you do. Businesses that add photos to their Business Profiles receive 42% more requests for directions on Google Maps, and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t.
Understand and expand your presence
Find insights on how customers searched for your business, and where those customers are coming from. You can also find information like how many people called your business directly from the phone number displayed on local search results in Search and Maps. When you’re ready, you can create and track the performance of Smart campaigns to spread the word about your work.
Engage with customers on Google for free
With a Google My Business Account, you get more than a business listing. Your free Business Profile lets you easily connect with customers across Google Search and Maps. You can post photos and offers to your profile to show what makes your business unique and give customers reasons to choose you every time. Your customers are ready to connect – by calling, messaging or leaving reviews. Now, with more ways to transact, you can do more business.
Download the Setup Guide here.
Google My Business Getting Started
Add your business listing through Google My Business
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Sign in to your Google Account, or create one. Then, click Next.
- Sign up with your business email domain since this account will be for your chain. Enter the name of your business or chain. You can also select your chain from the suggestions that appear as you type (if applicable).
- Enter your business’ or chain’s address. You may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your chain’s branch on a map. If your business doesn’t have a physical location but works in a service area, you can list the area instead. Then, click Next.
- Choose if you want your business location to appear on Google Maps.
- If you serve customers at your business address:
- Enter your business address.
- Click Next.
Tip: If you also serve customers outside your business address, you'll have the option to list your service areas as well.
- If you don't serve customers at your business address:
- Enter your business address.
- At the bottom, click I deliver goods and services to my customers Next.
- List your service areas, then click Next.
- Search for and select a business category. You can also choose a more specific category as appropriate. Then, click Next.
- Enter a phone number or website URL for your chain, and click Finish.
- To verify later, click Verify later Later. If you’re not authorized to manage the Business Profile for the chain, find the person in your organization who’s authorized and continue the process.
- Select a verification option.
Tip: If you see a page that says “This listing has already been claimed,” click Request access. Then, follow the directions to claim your business. Learn more about how to request ownership.
Add your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, sign in to Google Maps.
- You can add your business in 3 ways:
- Enter your address in the search bar. On the left, in the Business Profile, click Add your business.
- Right-click anywhere on the map. Then, click Add your business.
- In the top left, click Menu Add your business.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish signing up for Google My Business.
Claim your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- In the search bar, enter the business name.
- Click the business name and choose the correct one.
- Click Claim this business Manage now.
- To choose a different business, click I own or manage another business.
- Select a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.
Ready to find your business on Google?
Verify your business listing so it's eligible to appear on Maps, Search, and other Google properties. If you have more questions about verifying your listing, visit the Google My Business community.